ATTORNEY BIO & EXPERIENCE
Attorney Joel W. Bailey was born and raised in San Diego, California. He graduated from La Jolla High School, and earned degrees in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science from UC Santa Barbara, as well as completing a semester at the Universidad de Madrid in Spain.
After undergraduate work, Mr. Bailey earned his Juris Doctorate Cum Laude from Western State University, and began practicing criminal defense, aggressively representing clients in San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
When not working, Joel likes spending time with his family, surfing, racing motorcycles and enjoying San Diego.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
100% Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Drug Crimes, Sex Crimes, Internet Crimes, Three Strikes, Domestic Violence, embezzlement/white collar crimes, and Temporary Restraining Orders.
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation for criminal defense clients.
AGGRESSIVE CRIMINAL DEFENSE
I became a lawyer because I wanted to help people. I work in the Vista, California, area because I believe people here deserve to have a professional, tough attorney on their side. I know sometimes good people make bad mistakes. I am also aware innocent people can be convicted because of embarrassment, fear, or lack of representation.
If you are being investigated, or charged with any criminal offense, anywhere in California, contact me, attorney Joel Bailey, at Bailey Criminal Defense, Inc. For over 25 years I've had the privilege of helping people stay out of jail and protect their livelihoods and families. Put my experience to work for you. For more information about me click on my attorney profile below.
- California, 1993
- 9th District Federal Court, 1994
Western State University/ Thomas Jefferson College of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. cum laude
- Honors: International Business Transactions and Legal Research
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Awards: Contracts II and Criminal Procedure
- Law Review: Criminal Justice Journal, 1992 – 1993
University of California, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A. – 1989
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Law & Society
University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Wallin & Klarich, Associate, 1993 – 1996
- California Court of Appeals, Fourth District Div. 1, Judicial Extern, 1992
- San Diego Superior Court, Student Intern,Pre-trial Services, 1991 – 1993
- Malowney, Chialtas & Bishop, Law Clerk, 1991
- Western State University, Teaching Assistant, 1991 – 1992
- Eckert, Smith Tyler & Hoppell, Law Clerk, 1986 – 1989